MyOpinions is a market research company that offers online paid surveys. It’s a part of Survey Sampling International (SSI), an Australian data solutions and technology provider that operates worldwide, and counts more than 2,500 companies as clients.
MyOpinions at a Glance
- Payments: You're paid for every survey that you take part in, with a minimum payout of $10.
- Rewards Optionss:Payouts are given either as gift cards or PayPal payments.
- Surveys: MyOpinions surveys can be as quick as 5 minutes. Some surveys, however, can have several stages and might take over an hour to complete.
- • Membership opportunities: There are other chances to earn points or cash, including prize draws, instant-win games and a referral programme.
How to Get StartedTo become a member, you need to be an Australian resident and at least 18 years old. You'll also need a valid email address, as well as a verifiable postal address and phone number. The registration process is simple enough. You just need to enter your name and email address, then you will receive a confirmation email which contains a validation link that will activate your account. You will then be asked to answer a number of questions to complete your profile. Once your account is set up, you're ready to start doing surveys.
How it worksMyOpinions surveys normally have several stages, and you might find out that you're screened out after a certain stage because you don't actually fit the profile for a particular survey. The number of points you earn will depend on which stage of the survey you got screened out. Once you complete a survey, your points will be credited to your account. It might take up to 2 months for the points to show up in your account. You can claim a payout as soon as you've earned the minimum number of points necessary to either claim a gift card or a payment to your PayPal account.
Gift cardsGift cards are the easiest way to get your MyOpinions rewards. The vouchers are delivered via email, and can be used for in-store or online purchases. Businesses where you can use your gift cards include:
- Event cinemas
- JB Hi-Fi
PayPal PaymentsAnother option for claiming your MyOpinions rewards is through PayPal payments. To do this, you'll need to have earned at least 2,300 points, for which you will get $20. Once you've earned 10,600 points, you can get $100. Payments will take 5 to 8 weeks to show up in your account.
Opportunities: Earning Extra PointsThere are three ways for you to earn extra points in MyOpinions. First, there are quick surveys that sometimes pop up when you view your account. You can answer this type of survey in just a few minutes. Another way to earn more points is through the Loyalty Status program. As you complete more surveys and accumulate points, you'll progress through the different stages of the program. When you've earned 2,500 points, you will reach Silver status and get an extra 2.5% on your weekly points. Earning 5,000 points will give you Gold status and an extra 5% on your weekly points. Platinum status, gained after earning 10,000 points, will give you a 7.5% bonus on your weekly points. Once you've reached this level and earned an extra 8,000 points in a year, you'll get a 10% weekly bonus on your completed surveys. Lastly, there are instant-win games held regularly, which can earn you up to 500 points.
Opportunities: CompetitionsIt's also possible to win cash from MyOpinions. The company holds raffle draws and has given away as much as $5,000 in previous draws. Your name gets entered into the draw every time you participate in a survey. You also get an entry into the draw every time you successfully refer a friend to MyOpinions through its referral program.
Tips and techniquesHow do you make the most of your MyOpinions account and earn as much as you can?
- Fill in your profile comprehensively and update it regularly. Incomplete and/or inactive profiles are less likely to be considered as a good fit for a survey.
- Do surveys promptly. Once you get a survey notification in your account, aim to start and complete it as soon as possible. Keep in mind that surveys have participant quotas, and once a quota is met, you lose your chance to take part.
- Be honest and detailed when responding to survey questions. MyOpinions is quite strict with its survey participants, and will flag any participant who gives inconsistent or insubstantial replies, which could result in being banned from future surveys.
- Stay active—join the referral program and take part in quick surveys and instant-win games. Active members are often given the chance to take part in multi-level surveys which offer more points.