8 Great Ideas to Make Extra Money Online
There are countless ways to make a little extra money online; these are some of the best.
Sell Your Creations
If you knit, sew, crochet or make any other kind of craft, you can easily make some extra money by selling your creations online. There are a growing number of websites that will help you set up your own online store; here are a few of your best options.
- Etsy – This increasingly popular site is free to join but will cost you 20 cents per listed item. Each listing entitles you to post up to 5 photos and you can have an item listed for up to 4 months. When an item sells you are required to pay a commission of 3.5% of the sale price; however, because you can set your own prices you can simply charge a little more to cover the fee.
- Jewelry Wonder – If you want to sell jewellery that you have made and have at least 30 items to sell, you can open your own online store for free at jewelrywonder.com. There are no fees charged to sellers and you can set your own prices, making this a fantastic way to turn your inventory into extra money fast.
- ArtFire – You can sell just about any kind of art on ArtFire and there are 2 types of accounts to choose from. The free account enables you to post unlimited listings, with 4 pictures allowed per item. The Pro account costs $15.95 per month and allows you to set up your own customized online shop. ArtFire also offers merchandising and marketing training to help you maximize your sales.
There is a huge demand for quality writers online, so if you consider yourself a bit of a wordsmith and are in need of some extra cash there are endless opportunities available. From blog writing and website content creating to producing product descriptions, there are businesses all over the world in desperate need of writers. While online writing is extremely competitive, if you look hard enough there are plenty of well-paid projects, especially for those who have a writing related degree.
To find online writing work check out the following websites:
- Elance.com – Regularly lists freelance job openings for article writers, web content creators, copywriters, bloggers and eBook writers.
- Demand Studios – Is often looking to hire freelance writers and copy editors.
- Wise Bread – A great site for those who can write quality articles on the topics of personal finance and saving money.
- Craigslist – Consists of regional listings offering all types of work; however, you can often find well paid telecommuting jobs in the writing/editing section.
Become a Tutor
Those who have a University degree, are currently working towards one or who simply have a lot of knowledge on a particular subject can make extremely good money working as an online tutor. Pay rates vary depending on your experience and area of expertise and there are a number of websites set up to help connect tutors with those seeking their services. The most in demand tutors are those knowledgeable on the topics of Math, English or Science and the best sites for finding work are Craigslist, Tutor.com, Fiverr, Elance, Kaplan and OkTutor.net. The more credentials you have the easier it will be to secure regular online tutoring work.
Sell Your Photos
Talented photographers can make extra money quite easily by selling their photos online. Having a quality camera definitely helps, because the higher resolution your images are the more likely they are to sell. You can’t sell photos that include brands or people who haven’t consented to the photo; otherwise, any photo is worth posting, as you never know what images people may be looking to buy. Photos generally don’t sell for much, but because there is no limit to how many copies you can sell a popular photo can bring in a significant amount of money. To start selling your photos online check out sites such as iStockphoto, Folotia and ShutterStock.
Become a Marketing Affiliate
If you already have an established online presence, such as a blog or a website, you can easily boost your income by becoming a marketing affiliate. The way it works is that you host advertisements on your blog or website and in exchange are paid a small amount every time someone clicks on the ad. Sometimes you will only get paid when purchases result; however, in these cases you will usually be paid a considerable amount more. It is important to try and stick to advertisements that are at least somewhat related to your blog or website, otherwise you risk looking like spam and your page ranking may suffer as a result.
Create an App
Considering that millions of people now use smartphones, if you can come up with an idea for an app that becomes popular you can make a lot of money very quickly. You don’t need to know how to build the app yourself, as you can simply employ a programmer to do it for you. However, if you want to have a go at building your own app, sites like TheAppBuilder.com can certainly help. The most popular apps will always be those that are unique and fulfil a practical purpose, so be sure to do plenty of research into the apps that are available already.
Buy and Sell Domain Names
Domain names are the real estate of the Internet and buying and selling the right ones can make you a considerable amount of money. The hard part is choosing which domain names to buy, as to make any money you need to accurately predict the ones that will become valuable. A good trick is to use tools such as Google Adwords and buy domain names associated with keywords that are trending.
Sign Up on Get Paid To (GPT) Sites
GPT sites have become increasingly popular and are a fantastic way to make some extra cash. They include sights that pay you to sign up for newsletters, play games or complete surveys on anything from politics to your favourite foods. GPT tasks generally only pay a small amount, making them a good way to supplement your income rather than make you rich. The most popular GPT sites include CashCrate, DealBarbie, SquishyCash and Contests2win.